Time to get back into these! If you’re a LC player and want to do one, get in contact with John on the LC Discord.
How long have you been playing Minecraft?
I have been playing Minecraft since I was about… maybe, 6 or 7?
What made you start playing Minecraft?
I had overheard my friends group talking about this game called “Minecraft”, and it seemed like an interesting concept. I went home that day, started looking at the app store on my Kindle Fire Tablet, and found the pocket edition. I think it was 1.6-ish? As soon as I loaded my first world… I got ADDICTED.
What type of Minecraft player are you?
We’ll use the following list – based off Mumbo Jumbo’s video – 20 Different Types of Minecraft Player, with a couple of modifications.
- The Gadget Guy (loves making little redstone contraptions around their base to make life easier)
- The Resource Hoarder (everything gets stored in piles and piles of chests, even if they don’t need them)
- The Monument Builder (they always have to have the biggest build on the server)
- The Autofarmer (farms have to have pistons, daylight detectors, the works)
- The Explorer (no set base, everything they have is in their inventory. They just walk)
- The Subterranean Hermits (their entire base must be underground)
- The Artist (all the pixel art!)
- The Competitors (minigames is their jam – PvP, Spleef, Parkour, all that)
- The Code Wizards (whether it’s command blocks or crazy complex redstone)
- The Mod Fans (Vanilla Minecraft? Nah – bring on the mods and plugins)
- The Medieval Builders (villages, ships, the lot)
- The Modern Architect (modern houses, modern resource packs, lots of concrete)
- The Challenge Fan (Skyblock, Survival SuperFlat, Hardcore Mode – bring on the challenges)
- The Long Gamers (using the same world since 1.8 or before – such dedication)
- The Minimalist (a simple house and a few farms will do fine)
Probably a Gadget Guy. I just love to muck around with components, and see what I end up making. I actually have no idea what I’m doing when it comes to redstone, so it’s really exciting when I make something new for me.
Do you start a world the same way every time, or mix it up?
A bit of both, actually. However, I often find myself creating worlds, and never actually using them. I’m weird that way.
What’s your favourite ever build you’ve created?
My favourite build? Probably the Pokemon adventure map that I am making with my dad. It was really fun showing our progress to each other!
How many times have you beaten the EnderDragon?
Never. I have visited the end, but no, I have not defeated the Ender Dragon.
What does your LC base look like? What are some of it’s features?
In NewSurvival: A nice little box, with a living room, and uh, a lot of chests. Filled with stuff I’m probably never going to use. In OldSurvival: An even tinier box (1 wide), again, filled with tons of chests with stuff I’m never going to use. I’m beginning to see a pattern here…
What’s your favourite block?
My favourite block is probably Polished Basalt. Its rustic and ashen look is fun to build with, and makes for a good floor. I know it’s a bit dull, but build with it and you’ll begin to see its appeal. I use it in my homes often. I recommend using it combined with stained glass.
How about your favourite mob?
It would have to be the axolotl. I mean look at them. Adorable. I love their cute crawling around, and it’s also nice to know that Mojang is conscious of the endangered wildlife. Also, it’s cute that they ride around in a bucket. I mean think about it. Living in a bucket. Wow.
What’s your favourite thing to do in LibraryCraft?
My favourite thing to do in LibraryCraft is the survival. I really didn’t expect that outcome, because I never have really liked survival mode. But with the beautiful community here, it’s definitely worth the constant deaths.