Here’s another one! If you’re a LC player and want to do one, get in contact with John on the LC Discord.
How long have you been playing Minecraft?
I first started playing Minecraft around 2014 on my PS3.
What made you start playing Minecraft?
I once saw my brother playing it on my PS3 and I asked him what the game was. He told me that it was a game called Minecraft! I watched him play it for a bit and then I asked him if I could have a go and he pretty much taught me how to start out in the game.
What type of Minecraft player are you?
We’ll use the following list – based off Mumbo Jumbo’s video – 20 Different Types of Minecraft Player, with a couple of modifications.
- The Gadget Guy (loves making little redstone contraptions around their base to make life easier)
- The Resource Hoarder (everything gets stored in piles and piles of chests, even if they don’t need them)
- The Monument Builder (they always have to have the biggest build on the server)
- The Autofarmer (farms have to have pistons, daylight detectors, the works)
- The Explorer (no set base, everything they have is in their inventory. They just walk)
- The Subterranean Hermits (their entire base must be underground)
- The Artist (all the pixel art!)
- The Competitors (minigames is their jam – PvP, Spleef, Parkour, all that)
- The Code Wizards (whether it’s command blocks or crazy complex redstone)
- The Mod Fans (Vanilla Minecraft? Nah – bring on the mods and plugins)
- The Medieval Builders (villages, ships, the lot)
- The Modern Architect (modern houses, modern resource packs, lots of concrete)
- The Challenge Fan (Skyblock, Survival SuperFlat, Hardcore Mode – bring on the challenges)
- The Long Gamers (using the same world since 1.8 or before – such dedication)
- The Minimalist (a simple house and a few farms will do fine)
I’m closest to the Minimalist in the sense that I usually don’t really do big projects in my worlds. sometimes I like to build something really nice though!
Do you start a world the same way every time, or mix it up?
Sometimes I mix it up but most of the time I start out the same way – getting some tools and resources and then building a small house and building some farms.
What’s your favourite ever build you’ve created?
My favourite thing I’ve built was a giant under ground base (which I also made with my brother and he also had a section of the underground base which was his).
How many times have you beaten the EnderDragon?
I have beaten the EnderDragon 3 times. The first time my brother helped me with beating it, the second time I did it on my own (with some tactics that my brother taught me including the explosive bed trick) and the third time I beat it was in LC with a couple other players.
What does your LC base look like? What are some of it’s features?
In NewSurvival: I have two bases in LC.
My starter base in CountDoDo’s town was mostly made out of wood. It has 4 levels – the first level is the main part of the base which has the normal items such as crafting table furnace etc. The second level is where I keep most of my stuff in chests. An example is my spare gear chest which contains bows and arrows, armour and swords. The third floor is a small lookout tower (it’s at the top of the base). The fourth floor is the underground floor where I have a lava pool covered by glass a small minecart system and a small chest room.
My other base (which is my main base) is made out of polished blackstone has a medium sized entrance and a emergency bunker on the left. Then there is the main corridor which is also made out of polished blackstone and crying obsidian which leads to a farm room, brewing room, my main room, a potion room and my old roommate’s room.
What’s your favourite block?
Obsidian takes the place of my favourite block because I love the texture and it goes so well with a lot of things.
How about your favourite mob?
My favourite mob has to be the llama. They’re just so cute!
What’s your favourite thing to do in LibraryCraft?
My favourite thing to do in LC is mining, exploring and building! (I also love slaying hostile mobs).