It’s been a while between these! Time to get back into them. If you’re a LC player and want to do one, use the new ticket option on the LC Discord.
How long have you been playing Minecraft?
I’ve been playing Minecraft since the 1.8 update, so 2015? I remember trying to kill zombies with saplings and feeling achieved when I had made a bed!
What made you start playing Minecraft?
I remember watching youtubers like dantdm, and thinking the game looked so cool. Me and my brother eventually convinced our parents to get it, and I have been playing ever since.
What type of Minecraft player are you?
We use the following list – based off Mumbo Jumbo’s video – 20 Different Types of Minecraft Player, with a couple of modifications.
- The Gadget Guy (loves making little redstone contraptions around their base to make life easier)
- The Resource Hoarder (everything gets stored in piles and piles of chests, even if they don’t need them)
- The Monument Builder (they always have to have the biggest build on the server)
- The Autofarmer (farms have to have pistons, daylight detectors, the works)
- The Explorer (no set base, everything they have is in their inventory. They just walk)
- The Subterranean Hermits (their entire base must be underground)
- The Artist (all the pixel art!)
- The Competitors (minigames is their jam – PvP, Spleef, Parkour, all that)
- The Code Wizards (whether it’s command blocks or crazy complex redstone)
- The Mod Fans (Vanilla Minecraft? Nah – bring on the mods and plugins)
- The Medieval Builders (villages, ships, the lot)
- The Modern Architect (modern houses, modern resource packs, lots of concrete)
- The Challenge Fan (Skyblock, Survival SuperFlat, Hardcore Mode – bring on the challenges)
- The Long Gamers (using the same world since 1.8 or before – such dedication)
- The Minimalist (a simple house and a few farms will do fine)
I think I’m a resource hoarder. I have so many chests just full of dirt and grass in both the library craft worlds and have blocks that I’ll probably never use.
Do you start a world the same way every time, or mix it up?
I used to always start my worlds the same way. Get wood, build a simple oak house and mine. But now I like to challenge myself and do different things, like my 118 starter base is actually a small raft in the middle of the ocean.
What’s your favourite ever build you’ve created?
My favourite builds are definitely the ones I have done for the LibraryCraft monthly comps. Some of my favourites are my December 2021 beach party, February art gallery build, and the March modern house.
How many times have you beaten the EnderDragon?
I’ve never beaten the ender dragon. It’s definitely a goal of mine, but I like to relax in my worlds and build and have fun.
What does your LC base look like? What are some of it’s features?
My current 118 mega base is a large hall in a massive 1.18 deep slate cave. I challenged myself this time to experiment with some things I have never done before and I think it turned out alright!
What’s your favourite block?
My favourite block is definitely deepslate. It is so unique with the bricks, tiles and polished variants and I can’t wait to use more it in my 118 base.
How about your favourite mob?
My favourite mob, now that’s a hard one. I really like all the pets in my 118 world. I have an axolotl, dog, cat, horse, and I am on the hunt for a parrot. I like all the tameable animals.
What’s your favourite thing to do in LibraryCraft?
My favourite thing to do in LibraryCraft is to play survival and do fun projects with other people. For example, CountDodo, AquaQuokka and I built a massive railway all through the 118 world called Azure Rails. I also really like the creative competitions and having fun there.