We’ve met a bunch of our moderators, time to meet some of our players! First up is JtripleM.
How long have you been playing Minecraft?
I think I’ve been playing Minecraft since about 2012-2013 which makes that about 7-8 years now. It feels very weird to know it’s been that long!
What made you start playing Minecraft?
What made me start playing Minecraft was one of my mates. I remember going over to his house and playing this new game he got called Minecraft on his PS3.
I remember me and him being terrified of Herobrine and constantly watching YouTube tutorials on how to spawn him into the game back in 2013!
What type of Minecraft player are you?
We’ll use the following list – based off Mumbo Jumbo’s video – 20 Different Types of Minecraft Player, with a couple of modifications.
- The Gadget Guy (loves making little redstone contraptions around their base to make life easier)
- The Resource Hoarder (everything gets stored in piles and piles of chests, even if they don’t need them)
- The Monument Builder (they always have to have the biggest build on the server)
- The Autofarmer (farms have to have pistons, daylight detectors, the works)
- The Explorer (no set base, everything they have is in their inventory. They just walk)
- The Subterranean Hermits (their entire base must be underground)
- The Artist (all the pixel art!)
- The Competitors (minigames is their jam – PvP, Spleef, Parkour, all that)
- The Code Wizards (whether it’s command blocks or crazy complex redstone)
- The Mod Fans (Vanilla Minecraft? Nah – bring on the mods and plugins)
- The Medieval Builders (villages, ships, the lot)
- The Modern Architect (modern houses, modern resource packs, lots of concrete)
- The Challenge Fan (Skyblock, Survival SuperFlat, Hardcore Mode – bring on the challenges)
- The Long Gamers (using the same world since 1.8 or before – such dedication)
- The Minimalist (a simple house and a few farms will do fine)
Good question! So many options on the list but the one that describes me the best I reckon is a Medieval Builder. As most of you probably know by now, I love building in Minecraft, probably my favourite thing to do actually and I really love the medieval style! If you’ve seen my current survival base, it is a castle. I’m planning to build a village and medieval trading ship at the dock!
Do you start a world the same way every time, or mix it up?
I usually start off my survival worlds by mostly exploring the first day whilst collecting materials such as wood and iron. I usually run out of time in the day and end up being chased by zombies and other monsters. Usually spend my first night in a dirt hole in the ground!
What’s your favourite ever build you’ve created?
That’s a hard one! I really like some of my builds so it’s hard to pick my favourite one. I think my favourite build on the LibraryCraft server would have to be either the PVP lobby or the Empire State Building with King Kong climbing up the side. Both builds were really fun to make!
How many times have you beaten the EnderDragon?
I could not tell you how many times I’ve defeated the EnderDragon because I actually don’t know! I know that sounds a bit cocky but I think it’s my mission in Minecraft to kill the dragon. I load up a new world and everything I do is preparation to that big mission! A Minecraft world isn’t complete without killing the dragon in my opinion.
What does your LC base look like? What are some of it’s features?
My LibraryCraft base looks like a Medieval village (well, will look like one soon). I have a Medieval Castle with stone castle walls all the way around but are yet to add many buildings. We have a dock where I am also planning to build a medieval trading ship! We have storage rooms, bedrooms, enchanting rooms, everything a good base needs is in our castle!
What’s your favourite block?
That’s a tough question but I think my favourite block would have to be the spruce log block. This is my favourite block because it is my favourite block to build with and can be made into so many other handy/good things such as spruce planks, spruce stairs, sticks etc.
How about your favourite mob?
My favourite Minecraft mob is definitely the Zombie. The only reason this is my favourite is because it is pretty easy to defeat and can’t ruin my newly built house. Looking at you creepers!
What’s your favourite thing to do in LibraryCraft?
My favourite thing to do in the LibraryCraft server is definitely building new things and lobbies for the server as a builder. The thing I love about building for the server is that it can be anything you want, with such a wide variety of block choices, you can go crazy!