Something that we’ll be implementing in July is the Builder Competition! There’s more builders now, and not only do they miss out on entering the competitions, sometimes there’s not a lot of building for the server required due to a bigger team. This is an idea that one of the mod team came up with – just the four Builders having a creative build challenge, with some crucial differences. Knowing what our build team can do, this is going to be exciting to watch!
- Instead of monthly builds, there are quarterly builds – 3 months each. 3 month competitions from Jan-Mar, Apr -Jun, Jul-Sept and Oct-Dec. For the remainder of this year, we’ll do three 2 month comps: Jul-Aug, Sep-Oct, and Nov-Dec.
- They’ll be themed, with the themes being a surprise up until a week before, just like the regular comps.
- The builder team will also have bigger plots. Most comps are either 40×40 or 50×50. These will be 100×100 to begin with.
- Players can access the world, but not build. Just spectating!
- Voting (yep, voting) would be from the judges and mod team only.
- Instead of two seasons through the year, we’ll go for a full year season, with points being tallied up over the whole year.
- Top prize is a $50 JB HiFi Voucher, and a couple of mega crate keys each for 2nd and 3rd.
This kicks off in July, so be ready for some epic builds!