July’s WA Landmarks competition has only just begun, and the builds are looking excellent, but I want to get everyone excited for what is next. August means National Science Week, and as we did last year, the August competition is bigger than most.
In August we’re celebrating National Science Week’s 2021 theme of Food: Different by Design, so we’re asking you to build your best Farm. (Thanks to Keralis from HermitCraft S7 for the unbelievable build above!)
We have changed the plot sizes for this competition, with big 104×50 sized plots. (Don’t ask about the extra 4…)
Here’s the rules, with some extra ones!
- All building is in Creative Mode
- Builders must use ONE plot only
- All building must be done on the August Comp Map
- Designs must be your own
- Single player entries only – no team builds
- Farms can be animals or crops
Each base MUST include:
- Farms need to be carbon neutral. Generation of power can be by water wheel, wind turbine, solar panels etc. Anything carbon neutral.
- Farms need to show evidence of
- Transport of resources in and out (roads, gates etc)
- Homestead/living (can be partial, or a facade if need be)
Judging will happen during the first week of September.
As per normal, the August Comp world gate – located on the Warp Ship – will replace the July gate which will close to building at 9pm on Saturday July 31st.
The gate will open on the Warp Ship on the morning of August 1st, so get planning and designing now – you’ll only have a month to build. Players Choice votes will also be open as usual.
The top three designs will win an extra special prize, just for August! Regular Emerald Points prizes will be given out as usual, along with diamond blocks.
1st Place: 1x Sphero SPRK+
2nd Place: 1x LEGO Minecraft 21170 The Pig House*
3rd Place: 1x LEGO 40385 Trophy
*Please note that the LEGO Minecraft set has been opened once to be built for review on bricktasticblog.com, before being broken down and bagged. All parts including spares are included.
Who’s excited? We are!