Each year in August we celebrate National Science Week – it means some exciting competitions with a bit of a science-y twist. We’ve had Underwater Bases in 2020, Farms in 2021, and this year we’re doing Glass Required, to celebrate NSW’s schools theme in 2022 of Glass: More than meets the eye.
So what does Glass Required mean exactly? We want to see you create something that requires glass to function. Think outside the box though – we don’t want to see things like houses because of windows. Get creative!
The August Comp world gate – located in the Creative Lobby – will replace the July gate which will close to building at 9pm on Sunday July 31st.
The gate will open in the Creative Lobby on the morning of August 1st, so get thinking!
Season 2 Prizes
But what is up for grabs?
As you know, each month we give away the following prizes:
- 1st Prize: 4x diamond blocks, 1x mega crate key & 15 Emerald Points
- 2nd Prize: 3x diamond blocks, 1x mega crate key & 10 Emerald Points
- 3rd Prize: 2x diamond blocks, 1x mega crate key & 5 Emerald Points.
Each month the Emerald Points are tallied up and can be seen in the Emerald Hall on the Survival Lobby world. At the halfway point of the season (September for Season 2 and March for Season 1) we give away prizes to the current top three Emerald Points winners:
- 1st Place: 1x $25 JB HiFi Voucher
- 2nd Place: 1x $10 JB HiFi Voucher
- 3rd Place: 1x $10 JB HiFi Voucher
At the end of the season (June and December), the grand prizes are awarded to the final top three Emerald Points winners from across the 6 months of competition. These are the big ones! This season we’re giving away:
- 1st Prize: $350 worth of LEGO! The winner would let us know what to order (dependent on availability of course), up to $350 and we’ll get it delivered to you. This was a highly requested prize last year, so we’re thrilled to be able to offer it.
- 2nd Prize: $100 JB HiFi Voucher
- 3rd Prize: $50 JB HiFi Voucher